Blog update February 2022
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. (Philippians 1:3-5, NIV)
We give all glory and honour to the Lord for your partnering with us. Without your support and especially your prayers, our ministry would never have been possible. We give our heartfelt special thanks to all of you for your sacrificial giving.
We continue giving hope to more people during this different and challenging time that we are living through, and trust in God that 2022 has started in a blessed way with health for you and your family.
The ongoing construction in Coxen Hole
From February 10th -17th we are hosting a small team of 3 people from a Pentecostal Church in Michigan USA. They will be here for a week helping with the floor construction.They will also be teaching and preaching on the leadership theme. We have some small projects if you or your Parish are interested.
Giving to the people in need
Sadly, one of the places a group of men and women including children work every day in Roatan is at the dump. They actually come to this place to collect recyclable products and sell them to make some money to support themselves. They go to the dump to collect iron, plastic bottles, copper and anything that might still be profitable for them. A good group of them can be found there on any regular day.
During the Christmas season with the help of the youth from the Church we went to the dump to distribute grocery hampers filled with basic products. We also delivered groceries to other families around Coxen Hole.
So for another year our church experienced the blessing of giving to the less fortunate, in cooperation with Christ Church in Campbellton, St. Andrew’s in Dalhousie, and St. Mary’s in Robinsonville. We thank them very much for their generosity.
Please click on the link to see more pictures. https://youtu.be/ohe5N-K1iX8
Previews up dates, December and October: http://nelsonymejia.wordpress.com/
On the financial side, we continue to be very positive and to pray and praise God with faith and thanksgiving. We also ask you to continue to pray about our finances, that for the next year and in coming years our support will be stable and sufficient to cover our needs.
To date our balance has stabilized, and we no longer have the deficit we mentioned before. On the contrary, we have a surplus of approximately $1,500.00.
We will keep you informed of how the numbers behave in the future.
Special thanks to all of you who gave sacrificially to improve the balance; we are most grateful for your partnership in our ministry.
To donate now, please click on the following link (or copy and paste it into your browser):
Or you can visit the Diocese of Fredericton’s website (www.anglican.nb.ca) then go to “Donate” for various ways to give online. Be sure to select “Honduras Mission Fund”.
Cheques should be made payable to “The Diocesan Synod of Fredericton” and sent to:
Anglican Diocesan Synod of Fredericton,
168 Church Street Room 20, Fredericton, N.B. E3B 4C9
Phone: (506) 459-1801
All cheques should have “Honduras Mission” noted on the reference line.
We know that with the global impact of the pandemic it is difficult for everyone in the world. That said, we greatly appreciate your prayer and financial support to date and trust that you will continue to support us.
Previews updates: https://nelsonandkaraministry.org/
Please continue to pray for:
We want to share with you our prayer needs, and at the same time you can share your needs with us so we can pray for you, as the Word says to pray for each other.
1. For our family: Nelson, Kara, Stephen and Kelly as we continue serving the Lord in Roatán and Stephen continues with his second year of University in Winnipeg.
2. Continued and stable financial support for the next years as we continue to serve the Lord in Roatán, Honduras. Our deficit of over $4000 from last has turned into a positive balance of $1500 approximately. Please pray that it will remain that way.
3. Our congregations: St. Peter by the Sea in Brick Bay, and Emmanuel in Coxen Hole, that we can embrace the new year with a different way of worshiping, but focusing on Jesus Christ.
4. Please pray for the Rev. Robert Browning and for his ministry to English-speakers in Eastern Roatán.
5. Evangelism and practical outreach in the local communities in the midst of the pandemic.
6. For leadership for the Church in Roatán that embraces the new challenges as we serve in the Kingdom of God.
7. The Episcopal Church in Honduras and our Bishop Lloyd Allen, who has just started his 21st year as our Bishop.
8. For our new authorities in Honduras, that just took place last week, especially our new Mayor Ron McNab and Congressmen Raymond Sherrington for the Island of Roatán.
Thank you to all who have faithfully prayed and faithfully given to support this incredible work of ministering to the people in our congregations.
Matthew 25:40: “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Your prayers and continued support enable us to continue touching people’s lives with Jesus’ love.
Empowering the Church
Learning, Growing and Serving
Nelson and Kara Mejia