New update May 2022
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. (Philippians 1:3-5, NIV)
We give all glory and honour to the Lord for your partnering with us. Without your support and especially your prayers, our ministry would never have been possible. We give our heartfelt special thanks to all of you for your sacrificial giving.
We know it has been a long time since we last visited you as a family and personally shared with you about our incredible ministry in Roatan. It has not been easy for us or for you either.
However, we continue in Roatan doing the ministry to which God has called us and that has been possible thanks to your prayers and the financial support that you have given us personally and as churches.
We have wanted to visit you personally and it has not been possible due to the governments’ COVID -related travel restrictions.
We are excited to share with you that next year, in 2023, we will be visiting you in your parishes and sharing our experiences with you.
We know that time passes quickly and we will share the dates with you as soon as we have them.
We thank God for your partnership in our ministry, especially in prayer.
Financial Support Appeal
On the financial side, we continue to be very positive and to pray and praise God with faith and thanksgiving. We also ask you to continue to pray about our finances, that for the next year and in coming years our support will stabilize and be sufficient to cover our needs.
At the moment our balance is very low; in fact, we have a deficit of CAD 7249.00. Therefore, please consider sending a special offering in order to balance our finances for our expenses and the ministry in Roatan.
To donate now, please click on the following link (or copy and paste it into your browser):
Or you can visit the Diocese of Fredericton’s website (www.anglican.nb.ca) then go to “Donate” for various ways to give online. Be sure to select “Honduras Mission Fund”.
Cheques should be made payable to “The Diocesan Synod of Fredericton” and sent to: Anglican Diocesan Synod of Fredericton,
168 Church Street Room 20, Fredericton, N.B. E3B 4C9
Phone: (506) 459-1801
All cheques should have “Honduras Mission” noted on the reference line.
We greatly appreciate your prayer and financial support to date and trust that you will continue to support us.
We want to share with you our prayer needs, and at the same time you can share your needs with us so we can pray for you, as the Word says to pray for each other.
Please continue to pray for:
1. For our family: Nelson, Kara and Kelly as we continue serving the Lord in Roatán, and Stephen in Winnipeg.
2. Continued and stable financial support for the next years as we continue to serve the Lord in Roatán, Honduras. At the moment our balance is very low, so we have a deficit of CAD 7249.00.
3. Our congregations: St. Peter by the Sea in Brick Bay, and Emmanuel in Coxen Hole, that we can continue growing, worshiping, and focusing on Jesus Christ.
4. Please pray for the Rev. Robert Browning and for his ministry to English-speakers in Eastern Roatán.
5. Evangelism and practical outreach in the local communities.
6. For leadership for the Church in Roatán that embraces the challenges as we serve in the Kingdom of God.
7. The Episcopal Church in Honduras and our Bishop Lloyd Allen, who continues leading our Diocese.
8. For Carmen, Arlin, Charon, Ingris and Alexy, that they continue in University here in Roatan.
Thank you to all who have faithfully prayed and faithfully given to support this incredible work of ministering to the people in our congregations.
Matthew 25:40: “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Your prayers and continued support enable us to continue touching people’s lives with Jesus’ love.
Empowering the Church
Learning, Growing and Serving
Nelson and Kara Mejia