June 2018 Update
Time definitely flies, and in a few days we are going back to Roatán to continue with our ministry that the Lord has called us to.
I visited numerous parishes and supporters in Ontario and have now joined Kara and the children for our last few days with family in New Brunswick.
It has been wonderful seeing so many of our supporters again and meeting new people, too.
Our family is very grateful to all those who have hosted us and provided transportation and meals, and for the fellowship that has been offered. We sincerely thank you.
Things are going well in our churches in Roatán; the leaders are doing a great job. Our Dean, the Rev. Nery Varela from the mainland, visited our congregations in Roatán in our absence. We will return to Roatán to continue serving the Lord on July 6. Please pray for safe travels.
This year our kids at Emmanuel in Coxen Hole and St. Peter’s Church in Brick Bay were blessed with presents provided by the Honduras Samaritan’s Purse Association. We delivered more than a hundred presents between the two congregations and shared the gospel with all the children, especially those who came for the first time.
On the financial side, we have a very positive update to report and to thank you for: our financial deficit has now shrunk to $1763 as of June 15. We praise God and ask you to continue to pray about our finances with us.
Please also consider continuing to support us through the Diocese of Fredericton. You can visit their website (www.anglican.nb.ca) then go to “Donate” and then to “Give online now” for various ways to give online. Be sure to select “Honduras Mission Fund”.
Cheques should be made payable to “The Diocesan Synod of Fredericton” and sent to: Anglican Diocesan Synod of Fredericton, 115 Church Street, Fredericton, NB E3B 4C8
Phone: (506) 459-1801
All cheques should have “Honduras Mission” noted on the reference line.
We greatly appreciate your prayer and financial support to date and trust that you will continue to support us.
Please continue to pray for:
1. Continued and stable financial support for the next three years as we continue to serve the Lord on Roatán, Honduras.
2. The ongoing construction in Coxen Hole. Pray for the remaining installation stages: walls to be finished stuccoing, and cement concrete for the floor and ceramic tiles.
3. Our congregations: St. Peter by the Sea in Brick Bay, and Emmanuel in Coxen Hole.
4. For youth leadership, that God will provide someone to minister to and guide the young people.
5. Short term mission teams who plan to come to Roatán in the near future from Canada. A team from New Song Church in Port Perry and St. Bride’s Church in Mississauga in 2019.
6. Spiritual and practical outreach in the local communities.
7. For leadership for the Church in Roatán, especially for those who were trained as Sunday School teachers and helpers.
8. The Episcopal Church in Honduras, for the process toward self-sufficiency by the end of 2019.
Thank you to all who have faithfully prayed and faithfully given to support this incredible work of ministering to the people in our congregations. Matthew 25:40: “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Your prayers and continued support enable us to continue touching people’s lives with Jesus’ love.
May God continue to richly bless you.
Empowering the Church
Learning, Growing and Serving
Nelson and Kara Mejia