May 2018 Update
Great blessings and greetings from the Mejia Thompson Family.
As you all may know, we are back home in Canada. It is a great blessing to be with family and friends, and to meet new people and Parishes. Kara travelled to Canada on April 23rd and after three weeks our kids and I joined her in New Brunswick on May 18th. God is good, all the time!!
Kara has visited some Parishes already around New Brunswick, sharing about the great things God is doing in Roatan. From May 31st to June 13th I will be in Toronto to share about the amazing ministry God has called us to do in Roatan.
Simply put, all we have experienced in Ministry as a family would not be possible without your faithful prayers and support back here in Canada, and we would like to express our sincere thanks for all you do, and encourage all of you to continue keeping us in your hearts, minds and prayers.
To continue to support our ministry financially, please read this important message about our financial support. Below you can see the Honduras Mission Account Summary, provided by the Diocesan Synod of Fredericton N.B., reconciled to April 30th 2018.
We are under a three year agreement that was effective on September 1st 2015 and ends on September 1st 2018. To be able to renew this agreement and be approved for another three years, we need to reverse the deficit shown in the above summary.We would greatly appreciate your continued financial support to our ministry, please do it through the Diocese of Fredericton.
TO DANATE NOW PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK.
Or you can visit their website (www.anglican.nb.ca) then go to “give online now” for various ways to give.
- Cheques should be made to “The Diocesan Synod of Fredericton” and sent to:
- Anglican Diocesan Synod of Fredericton
- 115 Church Street, Fredericton, NB E3B 4C8
- Phone: (506) 459-1801
- All donations should have “The Honduras Mission Fund” noted on the reference.We are very grateful to God for your prayers and financial support, as part of God’s plan for the church in Roatán.
Confirmations at Emmanuel Church, Roatan
On May 13th we were blessed by a visit from our Bishop Lloyd Allen to Emmanuel Church, and 14 people were confirmed. The congregation had a very good time with him; he only visits us every two or three years, so we enjoyed it.
Stuccoing the walls at Emmanuel
We are grateful for the progress we have made with the stucco of the interior walls at Emmanuel Church. There is just one inside wall left and it will be done. We now have better interior facing walls.
Please continue to pray for:
- Continued prayer support as are on deputation, especially the travelling around.
- Continued financial support for the next years as we continue to serve the Lord on Roatán, Honduras.
- The ongoing construction in Coxen Hole. Pray for the remaining installation stages: walls to be finished stuccoing, and cement concrete for the floor and ceramic tiles.
- Our congregations: St. Peter by the Sea in Brick Bay, and Emmanuel in Coxen Hole.
- For youth leadership, that God will provide someone to minister to and guide the young people.
- Short term mission teams who plan to come to Roatán in the near future from Canada. A team from Port Perry, Ontario in 2019.
- Spiritual and practical outreach in the local communities.
- Kara’s ongoing work, along with another Priest, representing the Diocese of Honduras and working on a three-year program for youth ministry in our Province, which includes Honduras, Ecuador, Colombia, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and the Dominican Republic.
- For Leadership for the Church in Roatán. Especially for those who were trained as Sunday School Teachers and helpers.
10.The Episcopal Church in Honduras, for the process toward self-sufficiency by the end of 2019.
Thank you to all who have faithfully prayed and faithfully given to support this incredible work of ministering to the people in our congregations. Matthew 25:40: “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Your prayers and continued support enable us to continue touching people’s lives with Jesus’ love.
May God continue to richly bless you.
Empowering the Church
Learning, Growing and Serving
Nelson and Kara Mejia