From a room to an open place.
We started meeting in our home, then we moved from place to place. It has been a blessing that over a month ago we moved to our own place. Now we have a home for the church in Coxen Hole.
In September, we began meeting under a tree for the first time. The Municipality has approved installation of a septic system and construction of a tarp, so as a congregation we meet at the site on Sundays. Electricity is in the process of being installed so we will soon be able to move the services from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm, a better time for people to attend.
This is great progress: water, washrooms and a septic are also in the process of being installed.
We are very grateful to God for your partnership with us, as part of God’s plan for the church in Roatan.
Several short-term teams from Canada are planning to help with the construction of the new church and sewing center in 2014/15.
Please pray for:
• Both our congregations: Brick Bay and especially for our church in Coxen Hole to reach out to others near the site
• Financial resources to pay for the initial work at the site this year (about $6,000)
• The design of the church and sewing project center
• Funding to permit construction to be initiated early in 2014 and for the participation of short term-teams from Canada and the USA.
• Safe travels for Kara to New Brunswick this month.
Please share this blog with your parish and your friends.
Thank you again for your prayers and financial support for us and for the Coxen Hole church plant.
Thank you for blessing us with the opportunity to serve the Lord in this part of the world, by preaching the good News and increasing the Kingdom of God.
We declare the favor and all the blessings from Heaven for you, your church and your country.
1 Corinthians 3:7
So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.
Nelson and Kara Mejia