It is great to be united as a family after four months of deputation time in Canada.
Kara, Stephen and Kelly arrived back in Roatán on August 1st, and we are ready to continue with the ministry that God has called us to do on the Island of Roatán.
It was wonderful to have the assistance of SAMS Canada, to see many of our supporters and to meet new people too.
Our family is very grateful to all who took part in the various meetings, and the fellowship that was offered. We sincerely THANK YOU.
We are very excited to share with you that on August 28th, 29th, and 30th we will celebrate the second anniversary of Emmanuel Church in Coxen Hole. Our Bishop, Lloyd Emmanuel Allen, will be our guest speaker on the topic “Empowering the Church”. Different activities have been scheduled to take place during this special time.
On the 30th of August there will be a Confirmation service and Reception at St. Peter by the Sea in Brick Bay.
We are pleased to share that in July we started offering piano and guitar lessons to a group of boys and girls from both the churches, with the purpose of organizing a worship band in the near future.
Continuing with the construction.
We met with the leaders in the congregation at Coxen Hole and we decided to continue with the roof in December and January, because we want to begin the work just before a short term New Brunswick team arrives to help with it.
An engineer from the company from which we will be purchasing the roof materials came to Roatán to review the construction so far and to make some suggestions on roofing materials. Also, I (Nelson) traveled to the mainland on July 30th to meet with our architect Jack Melvin from our diocese and the company about the materials.
We estimate that in November we will be in a position to order all the materials for the roof. Praise God.
We did some repairs to the church in Brick Bay. We have new stairs, and new latticework to protect the open space under the church.
Please continue to pray for:
1. Continued financial support for the next three years as we continue to serve the Lord on Roatán, Honduras
2. Our congregations: St. Peter by the Sea in Brick Bay and Emmanuel in Coxen Hole.
3. Our leaders in both congregations: Will, Gerardo, Aura, Lazaro, Sharon, Cindy, Karolina, Karina, Jennifer and Yessy, that they all continue growing and serving the Lord faithfully.
4. Short Term Mission teams that are planning to come to Roatán next year: from Miramichi, New Brunswick in January/February; from New Song Anglican Church in Port Perry, Ontario, in March; from St. George’s Anglican Church in London, Ontario, in April.
Note: A group from St. Anne’s Episcopal Church in Tampa Bay, Florida, is coming to Roatán on a cruise early next year. We plan to meet at the church in Coxen Hole for worship and give them a tour.
5. The ongoing construction in Coxen Hole – we hope to start on part of the roof in November/December.
6. Spiritual and practical outreach in the local communities
7. Planning for the second anniversary of the Church.
Thank you very much for your prayers and continued support that enables us to continue in this ministry.
May God continue to richly bless you.
Empowering the Church.
Learning, Growing and Serving
Papa Paul & I (Ma Barley) share in your joy and give thanks to God for all He has and is doing through His very loved servants Nelson & Kara Nelson. God bless you and give our love to all, especially the youth. We are thrilled to be a part of this amazing ministry and are excited to see the progress of the chruch in Coxen Hole! LOVE TO ALL!