- Once again our family is very grateful to all those who hosted us and provided transportation and meals, and for the fellowship that was offered. We sincerely thank you.
Things are going well in our churches in Roatán; we are delighted to continue with our ministry in both congregations, Emmanuel and St. Peter by the Sea. Our parishioners expressed their joy at our return and are ready to continue working together to increase the Kingdom of God.
The last weekend of July (from the 26th to 29th) four women from Emmanuel Church wend to the Cursillo weekend retreat on the mainland. They came back with the fire of the Holy Spirit, ready to continue growing and serving the Lord. God is good!
On the financial side, we continue to be very positive with this report and to thank you: Our financial deficit had shrunk to $1763 as of June 15. We praise God and ask you to continue to pray about our finances with us and that by the next financial report this number will be zero.
Please also consider continuing to support us through the Diocese of Fredericton.
TO DONATE NOW, PLEASE CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK.
Or you can visit their website (www.anglican.nb.ca) then go to “Donate” and then to “Give online now” for various ways to give online. Be sure to select “Honduras Mission Fund”.
Cheques should be made payable to “The Diocesan Synod of Fredericton” and sent to: Anglican Diocesan Synod of Fredericton, 115 Church Street, Fredericton, NB E3B 4C8
Phone: (506) 459-1801
All cheques should have “Honduras Mission” noted on the reference line.
We greatly appreciate your prayer and financial support to date and trust that you will continue to support us.
Please continue to pray for:
1. Continued and stable financial support for the next three years as we continue to serve the Lord on Roatán, Honduras.
2. The ongoing construction in Coxen Hole. Pray for the remaining installation stages: walls to be finished stuccoing, and cement concrete for the floor and ceramic tiles.
3. Our congregations: St. Peter by the Sea in Brick Bay, and Emmanuel in Coxen Hole.
4. For youth leadership, that God will provide someone to minister to and guide the young people.
5. Short term mission teams who plan to come to Roatán in the near future from Canada. A team from New Song Church in Port Perry and St. Bride’s Church in Mississauga in 2019.
6. Spiritual and practical outreach in the local communities.
7. For leadership for the Church in Roatán, especially for those who were trained as Sunday School teachers and helpers.
8. The Episcopal Church in Honduras, for the process toward self-sufficiency by the end of 2019.
Thank you to all who have faithfully prayed and faithfully given to support this incredible work of ministering to the people in our congregations. Matthew 25:40: “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Your prayers and continued support enable us to continue touching people’s lives with Jesus’ love.
May God continue to richly bless you.
Empowering the Church
Learning, Growing and Serving
Nelson and Kara Mejia
Thank you for this encouraging report. We were sorry to miss you when you were in Toronto. Hopefully next time. Blessings in Christ. Bishop Peter and Carmen Mason
On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 10:39 AM Episcopal Church of Roatan/ Nelson and Kara Ministry, wrote:
> Roatan Episcopal Church Ministry posted: ” August 2018 Update Once again > our family is very grateful to all those who hosted us and provided > transportation and meals, and for the fellowship that was offered. We > sincerely thank you. Things are going well in our churches in Roatán; we > are delighted” >